In the order released.
- The Twilight Sad — It Won/t Be Like This All the Time [gothic rock]
- Boy Harsher — Careful [darkwave]
- Massimo Volume — Il nuotatore [post-rock]
- King Midas Sound — Solitude [dark ambient, poetry]
- DIÄT — Positive Disintegration [post-punk]
- FET.NAT — Le Mal [no wave]
- Patricia — Heavy Merging (EP) [acid techno]
- SASAMI — SASAMI [indie rock]
- Shlohmo — The End [glitch hop]
- Bogdan Raczynski — Rave ‘Till You Cry [drill and bass]
- Fontaines D.C. — Dogrel [post-punk]
- Otoboke Beaver (おとぼけビ～バ～) — Itekoma Hits (いてこまヒッツ) [hardcore punk]
- Tim Hecker — Anoyo [drone, gagaku]
- black midi — Schlagenheim [experimental rock, math rock]
- Hatchie — Keepsake [dream pop]
- Thom Yorke — ANIMA [glitch pop]
- Drab Majesty — Modern Mirror [gothic rock]
- Black Country, New Road — Athen’s, France and Sunglasses (singles) [experimental rock]
- The Murder Capital — When I Have Fears [post-punk]
- Algiers — Can the Sub_Bass Speak? (single) [avant-garde jazz, poetry]
- HTRK — Venus in Leo [ambient pop]
- Bat for Lashes — Lost Girls [synthpop]
- Caroline Polachek — Pang [art pop]
- Floating Points — Crush [future garage, IDM]
- Matana Roberts — Coin Coin Chapter Four: Memphis [avant-garde jazz, poetry]
- Sudan Archives — Athena [art pop]
- Andy Stott — It Should Be Us [dub techno, dubstep]
- FKA twigs — Magdalene [art pop]
- Have a Nice Life — Sea of Worry [gothic rock]
- Life on Venus — Odes to the Void [shoegaze]
- Special Request — Vortex, Bedroom Tapes, Offworld, and Zero Fucks [acid techno, ambient techno, breakbeat, jungle]
“I am a child of the wind…”
Album of the year 2019.
Release date: October 18, 2019
Genres: avant-garde, avant-garde jazz, poetry, spoken word
Highlight: Trail of the Smiling Sphinx
It was a few weeks ago that I was consumed by this album. I am looking forward to going back. To the story told by Matana Roberts. To the overall atmosphere. In a certain sense, there is a connection to contemporary works by other Constellation‘s avant-garde musicians.
Listen. Listen to previous chapters. There supposed to be eight more.
Citing her Bandcamp page:
I am a mixed media sound artist, saxophonist and composer. I do not live in Indonesia, but band camp won’t let me just say “Earth”. I also tried “Saturn”, but that didn’t work either:). Thank you for supporting my work.
Release date: August 27, 2019
Genres: avant-garde jazz, poetry, spoken word
Hilarious poetry and experimentation from Algiers. The song will not be on the new album, however. Indeed, the later Dispossession single is of completely different nature.