Another great work from Rafael Anton. Not the first year with multiple records, but all of them are solid.
I found about new Windy and Carl’s material from DJ Riz, and I highly recommend you his sets. Unfortunately, not on the air last weeks.
“The Stranger” so wonderful. Windy’s vocals along with the building crescendo. I remembered Glenn Branca’s work from 40 years ago. (Then it was way ahead of its time.)
And then “Alone”, and the stunning “Crossing Over” (which is the track I heard originally in Riz Rollin’s set).
Now you know. Hiss Tracts. Very apt for these times.
This reminds me of some pieces by John Cage.
In the order released.
- The Twilight Sad — It Won/t Be Like This All the Time [gothic rock]
- Boy Harsher — Careful [darkwave]
- Massimo Volume — Il nuotatore [post-rock]
- King Midas Sound — Solitude [dark ambient, poetry]
- DIÄT — Positive Disintegration [post-punk]
- FET.NAT — Le Mal [no wave]
- Patricia — Heavy Merging (EP) [acid techno]
- SASAMI — SASAMI [indie rock]
- Shlohmo — The End [glitch hop]
- Bogdan Raczynski — Rave ‘Till You Cry [drill and bass]
- Fontaines D.C. — Dogrel [post-punk]
- Otoboke Beaver (おとぼけビ～バ～) — Itekoma Hits (いてこまヒッツ) [hardcore punk]
- Tim Hecker — Anoyo [drone, gagaku]
- black midi — Schlagenheim [experimental rock, math rock]
- Hatchie — Keepsake [dream pop]
- Thom Yorke — ANIMA [glitch pop]
- Drab Majesty — Modern Mirror [gothic rock]
- Black Country, New Road — Athen’s, France and Sunglasses (singles) [experimental rock]
- The Murder Capital — When I Have Fears [post-punk]
- Algiers — Can the Sub_Bass Speak? (single) [avant-garde jazz, poetry]
- HTRK — Venus in Leo [ambient pop]
- Bat for Lashes — Lost Girls [synthpop]
- Caroline Polachek — Pang [art pop]
- Floating Points — Crush [future garage, IDM]
- Matana Roberts — Coin Coin Chapter Four: Memphis [avant-garde jazz, poetry]
- Sudan Archives — Athena [art pop]
- Andy Stott — It Should Be Us [dub techno, dubstep]
- FKA twigs — Magdalene [art pop]
- Have a Nice Life — Sea of Worry [gothic rock]
- Life on Venus — Odes to the Void [shoegaze]
- Special Request — Vortex, Bedroom Tapes, Offworld, and Zero Fucks [acid techno, ambient techno, breakbeat, jungle]
A collaboration between The Bug and Burial, largely overlooked. Notably, appreciated by Clint Mansell, as can be noticed from the Bandcamp pages.
Flame 1 — Fog / Shrine
Release date: March 30, 2018
Genres: ambient, drone
Flame 2 — Dive / Rain
Release date: August 5, 2019
Genres: ambient, drone
Release date: October 25, 2019
Genres: drone, experimental rock, neofolk, no wave
Highlight: My Phantom Limb
It starts as Soundtracks for the Blind, and then jumps between various periods of Swans‘s history from the 80’s to 10’s. The main reference points seem to be Children of God, World of Skin, the above mentioned masterpiece and their 10’s albums after the reunion. Have to admit, I expected more, but there is still no alternative to Swans.