The influences are obvious, and the output is brilliant.
Another great work from Rafael Anton. Not the first year with multiple records, but all of them are solid.
I found about new Windy and Carl’s material from DJ Riz, and I highly recommend you his sets. Unfortunately, not on the air last weeks.
“The Stranger” so wonderful. Windy’s vocals along with the building crescendo. I remembered Glenn Branca’s work from 40 years ago. (Then it was way ahead of its time.)
And then “Alone”, and the stunning “Crossing Over” (which is the track I heard originally in Riz Rollin’s set).
Now you know. Hiss Tracts. Very apt for these times.
This reminds me of some pieces by John Cage.
In the order released.
- The Twilight Sad — It Won/t Be Like This All the Time [gothic rock]
- Boy Harsher — Careful [darkwave]
- Massimo Volume — Il nuotatore [post-rock]
- King Midas Sound — Solitude [dark ambient, poetry]
- DIÄT — Positive Disintegration [post-punk]
- FET.NAT — Le Mal [no wave]
- Patricia — Heavy Merging (EP) [acid techno]
- SASAMI — SASAMI [indie rock]
- Shlohmo — The End [glitch hop]
- Bogdan Raczynski — Rave ‘Till You Cry [drill and bass]
- Fontaines D.C. — Dogrel [post-punk]
- Otoboke Beaver (おとぼけビ～バ～) — Itekoma Hits (いてこまヒッツ) [hardcore punk]
- Tim Hecker — Anoyo [drone, gagaku]
- black midi — Schlagenheim [experimental rock, math rock]
- Hatchie — Keepsake [dream pop]
- Thom Yorke — ANIMA [glitch pop]
- Drab Majesty — Modern Mirror [gothic rock]
- Black Country, New Road — Athen’s, France and Sunglasses (singles) [experimental rock]
- The Murder Capital — When I Have Fears [post-punk]
- Algiers — Can the Sub_Bass Speak? (single) [avant-garde jazz, poetry]
- HTRK — Venus in Leo [ambient pop]
- Bat for Lashes — Lost Girls [synthpop]
- Caroline Polachek — Pang [art pop]
- Floating Points — Crush [future garage, IDM]
- Matana Roberts — Coin Coin Chapter Four: Memphis [avant-garde jazz, poetry]
- Sudan Archives — Athena [art pop]
- Andy Stott — It Should Be Us [dub techno, dubstep]
- FKA twigs — Magdalene [art pop]
- Have a Nice Life — Sea of Worry [gothic rock]
- Life on Venus — Odes to the Void [shoegaze]
- Special Request — Vortex, Bedroom Tapes, Offworld, and Zero Fucks [acid techno, ambient techno, breakbeat, jungle]
A collaboration between The Bug and Burial, largely overlooked. Notably, appreciated by Clint Mansell, as can be noticed from the Bandcamp pages.
Flame 1 — Fog / Shrine
Release date: March 30, 2018
Genres: ambient, drone
Flame 2 — Dive / Rain
Release date: August 5, 2019
Genres: ambient, drone